Monday, May 7, 2012

Chapter 1



So far I am really enjoying this book; it's about Brian Robeson, a 13 year old boy, on his way to stay with his Dad in Canada for the summer. This will be his first summer with his dad, since his parent's got a divorce a month ago. Brian's parents got a divorce because of what his mother did, but it's a secret, I don't even think his dad knows. Brian hates divorces, because of all the fighting, yelling and lawyers. He hates lawyers the most with their comforting smiles and telling him it will be ok, when it really won't be.  He hates judges just as much when they give you those pity looks when they explain to you how you'll stay with your mom during school and your father for the summer, because it's his "visitation right". I can relate to the divorce because my cousin got married to this girl that the whole family approved of but now their relationship is on thin ice. You see, one night the girl’s father came over to my cousin's parents house where my cousin, aunt, uncle, the girl and my other cousin live together, and he came drunk and slapped/punched my aunt which led my cousin and the girl to fight, which led them to become separated, which finally led to either divorce or a really rocky relationship, which is what they have now. I think that divorce sucks too, but if the two people aren't compatible anymore and constantly fight, I think it's better to get a divorce. Now Brian is on a Bush Plane (Picture Below) to Canada, where his father is, with some oil drilling parts that his father needs sense it's his job. The pilot, Jim or Jake seems like a nice guy after he let Brian fly the plane a little. Brian keeps noticing an odd odor and how the pilot keeps massaging his shoulder then his stomach and thought it was something he ate but then finally realized he was having a heart attack. He only knew this because he saw an old man have a heart attack at the mall once. Seconds after the man stopped moving, Brian finally realized that he was in a bush plane, 7,000 feet in the air, Alone. 





    This is a Bush Plane that I found, and I don't think that it's big enough to  hold parts for a(n) oil drill 


No comments:

Post a Comment